Some people may think that talking about resort living and environmental awareness in the same sentence is a bit of an oxymoron. At Crystal Springs we don’t believe it has to be that way.
That’s why Crystal Springs Builders teamed up with US-based Sustainable Travel International (STI) to become the first resort development company to address global warming and offset its greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions through MyClimate™, an innovative program that neutralizes the impact of GHG emissions.
We’re continuing our strong commitment to develop our properties in an ecologically sensitive manner. We’ve identified greenhouse gas emissions that stem from basic electricity consumption, and we’re taking specific steps to rreduce their impact on global warming.
We’re proud of our record for environmental excellence that includes initiatives such as:
- Our Ballyowen Golf Club that has been designated as a “Certified Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary” by the Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary System (ACSS), the educational division of Audubon International
- Our partnership with the National Biodiversity Parks Land Trust to preserve a 1300 acre green belt surrounding the development
- Our investment of a $70,000 federal grant to improve wildlife habitat on Ballyowen, Black Bear and Crystal Springs, three of its seven golf courses
- Our alliance with the NJ Non-Game Program to help restore the federally endangered bog turtle habitat within Crystal Springs
- Retaining the services of Go Native’s Dennis Miranda, a naturalist with 20+ years experience in the Highlands, and founder of the Crystal Springs Nature Club
- Our efforts to recycle rain water for use in landscape irrigation within the Crystal Springs residential community
If living in an environmentally responsible way is as important to you, we invite you to take a closer look at Crystal Springs—and to check out our additional green initiatives. We’d love to have you join us!